Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today's Spin Intro & Circa Survive

To ensure that I keep up with this thing I'm going to try to post a different song each day. Whether it's just recently released or not has no bearing on what goes up. The idea is to get people thinking about a wide variety of artists without having to dig through a bunch of career-spanning discographies to find the best point of entry. So this section ("Today's Spin") will be the result of my daily iTunes excavation. Some of these artists will be well known while others could be somewhat obscure, but each of them has meant something to me over the years so I'm trying to share that experience with anyone willing to listen.

I'll be posting one song each day, slowly making my way through the alphabet in order to narrow down my selection (I'd by lying if I said I wasn't concerned about my limited resources for 'q', 'x' and 'z'). Enjoy!

"Act Appalled" by Circa Survive from Juturna (2005)

On this track, Anthony Green showcases the ferocious howl that he's been known for since his days with Saosin. The vocals come across as if they are trying to escape from the claustrophobia of the guitar's tight reverb, while the crash-heavy percussion only adds to the battle between the riffs and melodies.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously....yet another band hitting Bonnaroo 2010.

    Dude.

    I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete